We're looking for super smart, talented software engineers to work on crazy hard problems. We're most interested in people who have strong backgrounds in Computer Science theory, are good with algorithms, and are generally quick on their feet (err... keyboards). Above all, we want people who love data and lots of it!
- Generally love data!
- Strong interest in cluster computing.
- Thrive in a start-up environment and enjoy wearing many hats.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Fluency in Java, Ruby, or Clojure.
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- Experience in writing fast production code and code optimization.
- Comfort with Unix and the command line.
- Familiarity with Map/Reduce programming models such as Hadoop.
- Knowledge of natural language parsing and duplicate detection.
- Machine Learning knowledge/experience.
- Familiarity with databases, especially NoSQL databases.
- EC2 experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cover letters (creative and personalized) will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!