Director, Corporate Communications
Factual’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people.
We are looking for a Director of Corporate Communications to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of the company’s global public relations, internal communications, executive communications, analyst relations and social media programs; tying them together to effectively communicate the company’s mission, market leadership and brand internally and externally.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, you will lead the development, implementation and management of internal and external communication strategies, campaigns and materials that are aligned to and support Factual’s business objectives, brand awareness, and corporate marketing programs. You will also be responsible for the creation and ongoing management of the company’s mission, vision and values while championing them in support of building a winning, positive organizational culture.
- Creation and execution of compelling, proactive communications campaigns that build Factual’s brand and market awareness worldwide
- Leading all aspects of worldwide media and analyst relations programs, including a network of agencies and contractors
- Creating and driving thought leadership programs that support and expand Factual’s market leadership, including executive communications, content, speaking engagements, and other opportunities
- Leading social media strategy and developing new and existing channels that include the Factual blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook that effectively build reach and engagement for Factual
- Collaborate across all areas of the business to clearly define corporate messaging and ensure consistent usage and adherence to brand
- Develop written materials, including pitches, briefing documents, communications plans, FAQs, press releases, award submissions, speaking abstracts and corporate collateral
- Making Factual a known entity and ‘one-to-watch’ in the broader technology and LA tech communities, including positioning the company favorably alongside competitors
Requirements for the position include:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience, either at a PR agency or part of an in-house communications team
- Self-starter, who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and achieves them
- Strong, productive relationships with technology, business and trade press; Experience with ad-tech media a major plus
- Strong depth of knowledge and experience in building earned / owned reach and engagement across social media channels
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred